groupe Karol Karol
+33 6 10 49 65 97
The groupe Karol Karol is a company founded by Caroline Breton and Charles Chemin.
They conceive shows between theater and dance, with subjects where fiction and reality collide, and where space and time are unstable parameters. The staging concepts rely directly on the singularity of the people present on stage, their lives, stories, through improvisations. They look inside the humans to unveil the mysterious dimension of their actions and perceptions. Caroline and Charles indistinctly write choreographic scores, write or use texts, use improvisation, collage, interview people or shut up. Any material is potentially an appropriate mean for introducing the "outside world" into the performance. The groupe Karol Karol is artist-in-residence at The Watermill Center in New York.
• 20 silences, solo with Charles Chemin, after research at NASA
(co-production France, Italy, USA & Romania)
Premiere on June 10th, 2017 at Babel Festival, Targoviste (Romania) / Tour: Conversazioni - Vicenza Teatro Festival (Italy)
• New Wave / A Love Story by Charles Chemin
• Athens by night based on Timon of Athènes & Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare
Premiere on March 30th, 2018 at Craiova National Theatre (Romania) / Shakespeare International Festival & tour
• I hope, solo with Caroline Breton
Residencies at Dans les Parages/La Friche (Marseille), Marnitz (Germany) & The Watermill Center (New York)
Premieres - March 12-14th, 2019 - Etrange Cargo Festival / La Ménagerie de Verre, Paris
• Tristan / Isolde, piece by Charles Chemin for 5 actors
Residencies in 2017 & 2018 at The Watermill Center (New York)
• Cubanácan, opera by Roberto Valera & Charles Koppelman / directed by Charles Chemin